Hakurakusei

Reikyo Absolute 0

$24,000

The price given is the price based on the current exchange rate. This sake sells at JPY 385,000. Contact us to place order.

零響 Absolute 0

“The world’s best rice milling”. A unique product that expresses the limits of brewing.

In 2018, Niizawa Brewery achieved a “milling rate of 0.85%” after 5,297 hours of milling (It means that 99.15% of the whole rice is milled away and only the remaining 0.85% is used for brewing this sake.)!
And, at that time Liquor Tax Law states that “rice milling rate is rounded down to the nearest whole number”, for the first time in Japan, a product with a “rice milling rate of 0%” was born!!!

However, on July 1st 2019, the Liquor Tax Law stated that for milling rates that are less than 1%, breweries need to indicate "less than 1%". Nevertheless, until this statement, Reikyo Absolute 0 was the one and only product that displays “rice polishing rate 0%”.

Inside the vermilion cosmetic box, there is a box that uses the technique of Tosa Kumiko, a traditional craft. This vanity case is handmade one at a time and is a custom-made item, this means only three can be produced per day.
 
The Reikyo Absolute 0 has only 999 pieces distributed in the world.
Please enjoy this precious sake during an important occasion.

 

*This bottle holds 500ml* 


    Rice n/a
    Milling Rate Less than 1%
    Alcohol Content 16%
    Dryness n/a
    SSI Class n/a
    Sake meter value 0
    Area Miyagi Ken 宮城県
    Serving Temperature n/a

    More often than not, you will come across certain "specialist" terms used on sake labels.

    Here is a short list for your ease of reference. If you come across to any terms which you don't understand on any sake purchased from us, please feel free to contact us, we are more than happy to assist.

    古酒

    Ko Shu:

    This is aged sake. Not all sake can be aged and the result depends largely on the aging conditions. Although most aged sake becomes "sherry" like, there are some which are aged in ice cold conditions becomes dryer and richer in flavour. Because of the wide variety of results, it is best to consult with our sake specialist before buying a bottle of Ko Shu.

     

    濁り

    Nigori

    Also know as "cloudy sake". In nigori sake, the sake is passed through a coarser mesh allowing some of the lees (rice remnants) to pass through. The taste of nigori sake is less refined and more textured and rich. It goes very well with spicy food (such as Korean kimchi dishes).

     

    原酒

    Genshu

    Usually water is added to the pressed sake, thereby the alcohol level is diluted to 16 to 18%. For Genshu, water has not been added and the alcohol level will be around 20%, the natural rate for sake.

     

    貴醸酒

    Kijoushu:

    Normally water is added to sake after fermentation. For kijoushu, some sake is used in place of some of the water added. The result is a rich, dessert like sake that is often aged/. Many compares this with sherry and port.

     

    生酒

    Nama Shu:

    Sake is usually pasteurized twice, once before storing in a tank and one before bottling. Nama shu is unpasteurised sake and must be stored in refrigerator.

     

    生貯蔵

    Nama Chozo

    Nama Chozo means that the sake is not pasteurized before storage in a tank, but is pasteurized before bottling.

     

    生卸 /生詰

    Nama Oroshi/

    Nama Zume :

    Nama Zume is pasteurized before storage in a tank but not pasteurized again before bottling.

     

     

    ふなしぼり

    Funashibori :

     

     

    After fermentation, sale is pressed. There are different methods of pressing, which will yield different tasting sake. Funashibori is sake pressed in a traditional wooden box and not with a pressing machine.

     

    Shizuku:

    Shizuku is sake "pressed" by allowing it to drip from cotton bags, with no pressure applied. It is more time consuming and costly than other pressing methods

     

    あらばしり

    Arabashiri :

    After fermentation, sale is pressed. There are different methods of pressing, which will yield different tasting sake. Arabashiri is the first one third of the sake yield, which run off under the pull of gravity alone when pressing with a fune or wooden box.

     

    中取り

    Nakadori:

    Nakadori is the "middle" yield of the sake. It is the next third of the sake yield after arabashiri. This is often considered the best.

     

    責め

    Seme:

    Seme is the "final" yield of the sake. It is the last third of the sake after nakadori. It often considered the least desirable due to it's deep bitter taste.

     

    斗ビン(斗瓶)囲い

    Toubin-gakoi:

    Sake is put in 18 litre bottles (called "toubin") when pressed. This term implies that the sake is pressed with a wooden box ("fune") or drip pressed ("shizuku")

     

     

    We will add to this list as it goes. 

    最近瀏覽 Recently viewed